UpRising offers 50 NSW High School Design & Technology students the opportunity to meet industry leaders, businesses, and community members, receive feedback, test ideas and prototypes, and promote their final projects.
Each year UpRising Design students are offered big opportunities to connect with business & industry to develop their capabilities and major projects. It's simple yet powerful and does not add any more to teacher's or students' workload.
Entries are limited to 3 students per school, with a processing fee of $120 per school.
1. Teachers save three spaces for your Year 12 Design & Technology class by clicking on the registration link in the iTE Events portal. Teachers then have until the end of November to decide which three students will enter.
2. Get your three students to complete the Terms & Conditions (attached) and email the forms to iTE President or Secretary at email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Whilst this is happening ask your three students to create a user account in UpRising platform by clicking on the Sign up link
4. When T&Cs and fees have been received, and students have created their account, we will elevate the registered students to ‘Author’ status and they will be able to create their POST.
5. All posts are expected to be LIVE at the beginning of February 2024 on the UpRising platform, able to get likes, feedback, offers of assistance, and mentorship. Students need to respond to these comments and feedback to maintain these connections.
6. In March, three student projects will receive Seed Funding via a People's Choice 'likes', mechanism.
7. At the end of July all projects are voted on by the UpRising Alliance group, with the top three projects/students awarded further opportunities.
See Terms & Conditions